I’ve discovered a spectacular tool for owning my own bookmarks and replacing Pocket and InstaPaper!
- It’s IndieWeb and POSSE friendly
- Does link forwarding in a flexible/responsible manner
- Allows for proper attributions
- Keeps tons of metadata for analyzing reading behavior
- Allows for comments/commenting
- Could be used easily as a linkblog
- Archives the original article
- Is searchable
- Could be used for collaboration and curation
- Has Readability integrated
- Has a pre-configured browser bookmarklet
- Is open source and well documented
Who could want more?! I want to experiment a bit with it, play with multiple configurations, and then document parts before rolling out–particularly as it wasn’t necessarily intended for this use case, but I’ll have some more details shortly.