Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 8:30 AM
Eric Paul Rose is Founder & President of Pinnacle Product Innovation Inc. Looking to expand your knowledge of new product innovation and commercialization? The chaotic production innovation process breaks down to Marketability, Technical Feasibility, and Protectability. Eric will extensively cover Marketability, where 42% of ventures fail. He’ll delve into the 4 P’s of Marketing – Product, Price, Promotion, and Place. He will also cover aspects of Technical Feasibility and Protectability.
We expect there will be students, teachers, designers, web developers, technologists, and people of all ages and ranges of ability from those just starting out with a domain to those running DoOO programs at colleges or even people running their own hosting companies.
We’ll meet via Zoom for audio/video and will use an Etherpad for real-time chat and note taking for the event. Feel free to add your ideas and questions to the etherpad in advance if you like.
- Have discussions about A Domain of One’s Own and the independent web;
- Get to know others in the space;
- Find potential collaborators for domains-related projects you’re working on;
- Explore new and interesting ideas about what one can do or accomplish with a personal domain;
- Create or update your domain
- Ask colleagues for help/advice on problems or issues you’re having with your domain;
- Welcome/Brief introductions
- Main topic: To be determined. (Have a topic idea for discussion at the next session? Drop us a line by adding a comment to this post or one of the syndicated copies, ping me in chat, or track me down on your platform and means of communication of choice.)
- Group photo for those who wish to participate
- Demos, questions, problems:
Ideally everyone should bring a topic, short demonstration of something they’ve built or gotten working on their website, a question, or problem to discuss with the group. Depending on time and interest, we can try to spend 5-10 minutes discussing and providing feedback on each of these. If questions go over this time limitation, we can extend the conversation in smaller groups as necessary after the meetup.
To RSVP to the meetup, please (optionally) do one of the following:
- Make a comment to indicate your attendance at the original event post;
- Tweet your RSVP reply to this Tweet;
- Comment your RSVP on the Reclaim Hosting Community post about the event;
- RSVP to the
- Extra bonus points if you can go full Domain of One’s Own and Publish an indie RSVP on your own website/domain and send a webmention to this post.
Invite your friends, colleagues, and students
Know someone who would be interested in joining? Please forward this event, or one of the syndicated copies to them on your platform or modality of choice.
Prue and Paul set some tricky challenges for the remaining bakers, including a Technical that dates back to Henry VIII and a Showstopper that's usually found at Indian weddings.
Contestants must create confectionery inspired by the Roaring Twenties.
Directed by Harry Bradbeer. With Millie Bobby Brown, Henry Cavill, Sam Claflin, Helena Bonham Carter. When Enola Holmes-Sherlock's teen sister-discovers her mother missing, she sets off to find her, becoming a super-sleuth in her own right as she outwits her famous brother and unravels a dangerous conspiracy around a mysterious young Lord.
A bit facile in places, but generally well done and well executed. It’s nice to see some better representation showing up in the Sherlock Holmes oeuvre.
By day, Angie, a twenty-year veteran of the tech industry, is a data analyst at Tomo, the world's largest social networking company; by night, she exploits her database access to profile domestic abusers and kill the worst of them. She can't change her own traumatic past, but she can save other women. When Tomo introduces a deceptive new product that preys on users