I love this post. I’m not even mad. 😀
1) Google Reader went away
2) FriendFeed went away
3) Google Buzz went away
4) Delicious went away
5) Mobile beat desktop
6) Google+ didn’t replace blogs or have write API.
7) Attention went to apps
8) Attention went to Facebook
9) Conversation came to Twitter.
10) As a Googler, I chose to cover 3rd parties less. (People assume bias)
11) I traded keyboard for Fitbit & Ingress. (So I leave the house)
12) I coach Little League & ref soccer 🙂
So it’s complicated. It would be delightful to make blogs the primary target again, but overhead is too high and reward is too low.