Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:30 – 11:30am (America/Los_Angeles)
This will be a broad-based introduction to the IndieWeb session specifically focused on using WordPress. Our aim is to help people get set up and running a self-hosted IndieWeb-based website with WordPress though some of our discussion will work for WordPress.com versions as well.
- Grab a cup of coffee and get an IndieWeb site up and running in just a few hours.
- Have questions or problems with your current WordPress IndieWeb site? Stop by and get some help.
- Just figuring out what IndieWeb is about? Much of what we’ll discuss is applicable to other platforms and may be useful to other beginners as well.
- All levels of experience welcome
- (Note: for those without a domain registered or web hosting, we may have a brief pre-session to help you out so we can be more productive during the main session.)
- Notes for the session will take place at: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/WordPressQuickStart
- Create week: Following the session, we’ll give people a chance to create something for their site to do remote demos.
- Demos: When we’re done, we’ll have a short online demo session so people can show off the new sites and maybe demo their favorite functionality.
Code of Conduct: indieweb.org/code-of-conduct