Micropub and WordPress: Custom Posting Applications
The W3C recommended Micropub specification (2017) allows developers to create custom posting applications for a wide variety of data targeting any content management system that supports the spec.
I will provide an overview of the setup and use of the available plugin and endpoint for WordPress. I’ll also provide a beginner walk-though for a variety of client applications like Quill, Teacup, OwnYourGram, OwnYourSwarm, Omnibear, and others that allow one to easily post status updates, bookmarks, likes, check-ins/location data, photos, and more directly to their WordPress sites.
We’ll also talk about how developers can create custom posting interfaces to drastically simplify content creation and posting for clients in ways that can be even simpler and more flexible than working with Gutenberg.
My talk on “Micropub and WordPress: Custom Posting Applications” will take place on from –
College of the Canyons
Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, California 91355
This post is an “indie event” so feel free to RSVP by adding yourself in the comments section below or by sending a webmention so I’ll know to expect you, but be sure to purchase tickets in advance. General admission is $40 and includes:
- Two days of sessions of everything WordPress — design, development, e-commerce, marketing and more!
- Day 1 (Friday, April 5) will focus on getting started with WordPress and WooCommere;
- Day 2 (Saturday, April 6) offers a full slate of WordPress content spread across three simultaneous tracks;
- Lunch on Friday & Saturday, including snacks and refreshments;
- Swag and sponsor goodies; and
- Afterparty Saturday (details to follow)
Any questions? Respond below or ask me in the IndieWeb chat. I look forward to seeing everyone there!