I’ve gotten half a dozen calls from reporters today wanting to know what the debate last night means for Bloomberg’s campaign.— jess mcintosh (@jess_mc) February 20, 2020
And zero for what it means for Warren, who won the debate and is the reason Bloomberg’s campaign is in crisis.
We are *always* talking about the men.
Tag: Elizabeth Warren
In announcing that she would vote against the Senate calling witnesses, Sen. Lisa Murkowski suggested that her decision was made in part to spare Chief Justice John Roberts from having to face a 50-50 tie, allowing him to avoid a legal and political storm.
Tuesday on the NewsHour, President Trump’s legal team concludes its defense, arguing that Trump’s impeachment was motivated by political differences and that conviction would set a dangerous precedent. Plus: Sen. Elizabeth Warren on the Senate impeachment trial, reaction to Trump’s long-awaited Middle East peace plan, the battle over Huawei and 5G technology and a conversation with Robert DeNiro.
- Elizabeth Warren on Trump’s trial and why ‘women win’ elections
- News Wrap: U.S. steps up screenings for novel coronavirus
- 2 reactions to Trump’s long-awaited Middle East peace plan
- Why the U.S. objects to Huawei’s involvement in building 5G networks
- Robert De Niro on ‘The Irishman’ and his prolific career
Bernie-Warren coverage, political hobbyism, and the rise of two American oligarchs.
A pre-debate news drop from CNN threatened the relative peace between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. On this week’s On the Media, why the feud is more distracting than illuminating. Plus, why paying close attention to political news is no substitute for civic participation. And, the origins of two oligarchic dynasties: the Trumps and the Kushners.
1. Rebecca Traister [@rtraister], writer for New York Magazine, on the inevitability of the questions facing women in politics. Listen.
2. Eitan Hersh [@eitanhersh], political scientist at Tufts University, on the political hobbyism and news consumption. Listen.
3. Andrea Bernstein [@AndreaWNYC], co-host of WNYC's Trump, Inc. podcast, on the corruption, improbabilities, and ironies of the Trump and Kushner family histories. Listen.
👓 Elizabeth Warren, day 2 | Dave Winer
What would our advice be to the Warren campaign, if they asked for it?
👓 Why Elizabeth Warren should be on the open web | Dave Winer
Why the open web is a better choice for a thoughtful and futuristic campaign like Warren's.
👓 Mainstream Media Is Blowing Its Coverage Of Elizabeth Warren's DNA Test | HuffPost
Tribal leaders and Native people say the senator is an ally — and they support her look at her ancestry. But hardly anyone asked them.
👓 Elizabeth Warren Announces Iowa Trip as She Starts Running for President in 2020 | New York Times
Senator Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, said she was forming a presidential exploratory committee, which allows her to raise money and hire staff before a formal kickoff.